TraubeMinze734

Oct 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

im trying to install Proxmox 7.2 VE on my HP ProLiant DL380 G6. I get into the Bootloader and after booting the Kernel i see the initsystem Output. But at the Point where Xorg with the Installation starts, my Monitor (FullHD 60Hz) goes blank and shows an "Signal out of range error".

I already try'd 4 different Monitors and differnt VGA Ports of the Server. The machine only has 2 VGA Ports.

Also Kernel Bootsettings like vga=794 or nomodeset also didnt worked.

Can someone help me? Many Thanks!

I'm experiencing a similar problem with my VGA monitor. Is there a solution to this problem? I downloaded version 7.1-1, but unfortunately, the issue persisted with this version as well. I'd prefer to install version 8, but I'm unsure of how to do that.

I'm experiencing a similar problem with my VGA monitor. Is there a solution to this problem? I downloaded version 7.1-1, but unfortunately, the issue persisted with this version as well. I'd prefer to install version 8, but I'm unsure of how to do that.
Does the PVE 8 Iso with console install has the same problem? Have tried the steps in the links bugreport?

We have had the same issue, used "proxmox-ve_7.1-1.iso", and it is installing without problems.
(We have NOT tried to upgrade until yet)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!