Setting-up qdevice fails

alc

Feb 18, 2020
I'm trying to add an external quorum server (Qnetd) to my 2-node cluster to allow for safe HA operation.

The cluster itself is setup, each nodes sees the other, migrations work, backup and restore works, etc.

I simply installed corosync-qnetd on a 3rd box (fresh debian 10), without errors.
Note that I installed it with a sudoer user, not as root, as specified in the wiki.

I then created an ssh connection between one of my nodes and this 3rd-party quorum server (with user 'root' this time... possible issue?).

Finally, from this same node, I launched 'pvecm qdevice setup <ip_of_3rd_party_qnetd>'

After various errors and deleting /etc/corosync/qnetd/nssdb various times, the best I achieved is pasted on this pastebin. (errors in at the bottom, I pasted all the output from 'pvecm qdevice setup').

How can I get past this error ?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

Please no post without any content. This will take additional time to read, generates useless email notification for all following the forums and finally this will lead to longer answering times.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!