SDN VNet permissions. Invalid ACL path

Malte513

Oct 25, 2023
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to restrict permissions to certain VNets. In the Proxmox API Viewer the ACL paths are listed as /sdn/vnets and /sdn/vnets/{vnet}, but if I try to set these permissions I always get the error 400 Parameter verification failed. path: invalid ACL path '/sdn/vnets'.
I'm using proxmox 8.0.4.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. If this is a bug, is there some workaround?

thanks, and no, this is a bug that's already fixed in git but still needs to be released in package form it seems.

will be fixed in libpve-network-perl 0.8.2, which should hit the public repos in a few days!

edit: already on pvetest :)

Last edited:
I updated and restarted all nodes . They now all run libpve-network-perl 0.8.2, but unfortunately I still get the same error message.

Do I need to do something else?

yes, the ACL paths are different now:

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-network.git;a=commitdiff;h=d7c1620043a8ed3492bb085c33974a5e3466e0cc
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_8.0

• SDN.Use is required on a bridge/vnet (or its zone) in order to configure it in a guest vNIC.
    • use /sdn/zones/localnetwork or /sdn/zones/localnetwork/<bridge> to allow usage of all or specific local bridges.
    • use /sdn/zones/<zone> or /sdn/zones/<zone>/<bridge> to allow usage of all or specific vnets in a given SDN zone.

Thank you it works now.
But another Bug I found is in the ipam permission. It's the same as above for /sdn/ipams.
I now use a workaround via propagating it via the /sdn path and just blocking the access for everything else explicitly.

Last edited:
thanks for the report! I'll fix those up as well (there's a few more missing)..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!