Roadmap for Proxmox VE 2.0

I have a question myself, as the lab is "full of 2.0 machines". Has the migration from 1.8 to 2.0 been already tested ?

It is my main concern, as I have a 1.8 cluster in production at this moment, and fear it will not be an easy migration...

Alain

I have a question myself, as the lab is "full of 2.0 machines". Has the migration from 1.8 to 2.0 been already tested ?
not yet. currently we work to finalize the first alpha/beta release. upgrade script will be developed later.

It is my main concern, as I have a 1.8 cluster in production at this moment, and fear it will not be an easy migration...

Alain

Tom, thanks for your answer. I understand that it is useless to developp such migrations scripts before 2.0 developpement stabilizes.

Alain

On the network model wiki page, it says, "Physical NIC (eg., eth1) cannot currently be made available exclusively for a particular KVM / Container , ie., without bridge and/or bond." Will this be made possible with 2.0? It would really simplify setting up a virtual router. In particular I am interested in this for KVM.

Also, could we see a few screenshots of the new interface?

Announcement since 2009. Today PROXMOX ist still smart and simple. It seems to me that version 2.0, whenever it comes, will loose both attributes.

Announcement since 2009. Today PROXMOX ist still smart and simple. It seems to me that version 2.0, whenever it comes, will loose both attributes.

Looks like you got a lot of visionary power. I suggest you wait for the first beta release (Q3) and then lets talk about features, bugs and other facts. To be more clear, 2.0 will be the far best Proxmox VE you ever seen :)

my feature wish list:

in the vmlist
- i miss a column for vm-type (kvm or ovz)
- in the column harddisk a symbol that shows there are more drives in use
(and by mouse-over a popup-box shows the complete list)
- a column / a flag to set a VM-status of internal use like "p" for productive, "t" for test, "d" for develop ...
- a column for short description (maybe as option instead of the name - or as popup-box by mouse-over)
- coloumns to sort
- a filter to show only selected VMs - like e.g. only running VMs or only KVMs or only running VMs with type "productive" ..

for the iso-overview i wish
- a column that shows the filesize
- a column that shows the VMs that use the .iso (or a symbol "in use" an a popup-list of all VMs by mouse-over)
- a column with the date of upload or last edit
- a column with the user who uploaded the file
- user rights for iso-files - who can use or delete this
- a request before delete an iso

i think it is the best to make an overview like in vmlist
& to show the details and options by mouseclick (like userrights and delete)

and the same for the appliance template list

it makes no sense to ask again and again, we release as announced in the roadmap.

for the iso-overview i wish
- a column that shows the filesize
- a column that shows the VMs that use the .iso (or a symbol "in use" an a popup-list of all VMs by mouse-over)
- a column with the date of upload or last edit
- a column with the user who uploaded the file
- user rights for iso-files - who can use or delete this
- a request before delete an iso

I would like the ability to download ISOs from the server. I sometimes upload an ISO on one PC but later need to either modify it or burn it while sitting at a different PC. I'm assuming adding a download link would be very simple since there's already code there to list them - just needs an appropriate tag and a way to point the webserver at the files.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!