Restore LXC from PBS fails: Use 'none' to disable quota/refquota

mattjn

Mar 7, 2021
Hello all,

I intend to restore a ct backup from pbs, however restororing fails with

recovering backed-up configuration from 'pbs01:backup/ct/100/2021-03-05T00:00:01Z' Using encryption key from file descriptor Encryption key fingerprint: TASK ERROR: unable to restore CT 105 - zfs error: cannot create 'storage/subvol-105-disk-1': use 'none' to disable quota/refquota

There is no quota assigned at all:

zfs get all storage |grep quota storage quota none default storage refquota none default

The backup is ~407gb and encrypted.

Any hint how to distable quota?

Thanks and regards,

Matthias

Hi all,

can some pls assist me in this issue? Maybe I missed to provide you with the full picture:

There are two zpools:
Code:
mattjn@pve:~$ sudo zpool list
NAME      SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP    HEALTH  ALTROOT
rpool     356G   254G   102G        -         -    40%    71%  1.00x    ONLINE  -
storage  2.72T   555G  2.18T        -         -     1%    19%  1.00x    ONLINE  -

Code:
mattjn@pve:/etc/pve/lxc$ sudo zfs list | grep -i subvol-100-disk-0
rpool/data/subvol-100-disk-0                                      20.0G  30.0G     20.0G  /rpool/data/subvol-100-disk-0
storage/subvol-100-disk-0                                          395G  1.99T      394G  /storage/subvol-100-disk-0

The LXC container:

Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 1
hostname: fileserver
memory: 4096
mp0: local-storage:subvol-100-disk-0,mp=/media/storage,acl=1,backup=1,size=0T
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,hwaddr=4E:4B:55:62:F3:33,ip=dhcp,ip6=dhcp,type=veth
net1: name=enp1s0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,hwaddr=F6:91:D7:36:37:E5,ip=dhcp,ip6=dhcp,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: debian
parent: SystemRunningStable
rootfs: local-zfs:subvol-100-disk-0,size=50G
swap: 4096
unprivileged: 1

As backup is set to True, the mountpoint is included in the backup, hence the backup sums up to ~407gb. On the remote proxmox backup server there are 6 backups in total, the validation checks are passed successfully. For all of these the error given above is shown when restoring them.

I really appreciate your efforts pointing me to the right direction troublshooting this!

Regards,
Matthias

please file a bug at https://bugzilla.proxmox.com - there seems to be a special case missing for "unsized" disks (e.g., ZFS volumes with no quota)

Hi Fabian,

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I created #3345.

Thanks a ton!

We have the same problem with moving the datastore.
how can we fix it?

TASK ERROR: zfs error: cannot create 'zfs/subvol-122-disk-0': use 'none' to disable quota/refquota

thanks
Ok we set refquota and quota for the original datastore, then it was possibel re move the volume.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!