Request: how to backup PBS to gdrive? What strategies do you use?

turdor

Apr 2, 2017
I'm using PVE locally as a desktop.
My current backup startegy: PVE > NAS > gdrive (over Goodsync in WIN10 ((( ) and direct VM backups to gdrive and onedrive.

I want something more solid! Local PBS + cloud seems best for me. I have gdrive unlimited and 1tb onedrive, so would be perfect to use it except I do not know how to achieve block level bkp w it?

I did not setup PBS yet, but planning it ASAP. Beforehand I would like to have a tutorial for couple of scenarios:

1. PVE > PBS > gdrive/onedrive (is there an option in PBS to use gdrive/onedrive directly or it have to be some other way? Block level bkp?)
2. PVE > PBS > any cost effective cold cloud storage service

If it would be a tutorial style I believe many users in community will benefit!I
Also what strategies do you have?

Thnax in advance and merry Xmas and happy New year's eve to all proxmoxers!!!!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!