removing nfs at datacenter level

qXt69WEV2a7fgbET

Oct 10, 2018
Hello,

i experienced that on each node nfs shares are still available after removing a nfs share in the datacenter > storage configuration.
There is still a open bug report (https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1016)

My solution was to unmount the storage on each node, after i had done that, i tryed to add a new nfs share with the same name as the last one, but with a new ip address.
This resulted in all nodes trying to reach the mounted storage with the ip address from the old nfs share.

I found one configuration file at the server level containing the ip address of the old nfs server in /etc/mtab.

Should i open a new bug report or comment on to the existing bug report?

Regards,

Last edited:
I had a very similar experience with CIFS share on datacenter/storage level not unmounting after unchecking "Enabled".

Before also filing a bug I will make shure my expectency is correct.
A storage/mount has to go after being disabled or undefined. - correct?

My current solution is to manually clear leftover mounts via shell from each host (umount).
For instance this is required for doing maintenance on NAS or before expected connection losses. Not clearing up those mounts will often result in kworker stall, wich unfortionatly crashes the entire host. So I think this is kind of important to consider.

On the other hand it can be quiet dangerous to automatically unmount (maybe shared) filesystems if not absolutely shure. So I would be happy with a button "force unmount" on the storage configuration dialog.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!