Remove all attachments sends two text files

renklaf

Oct 11, 2019
When I activate a mail filter rule with the Action object "remove all attachments", it sends two .txt files attached to the mail which should contain the filename of the removed files.
The first text file "REMOVED_ATTACHMENT_2.txt" contains the my text replacement but no filename. The second text file "REMOVED_ATTACHMENT_5.txt" contains both the text replacement and the filename.
Is this a known issue?

By the way, is it possible to customize the filename of the attached .txt?

Thanks.

can you post the original email (anonymized of course) ?

i meant the mail as 'eml' format incl header... so that i can see how the mail is structured

but it currently can happen, if the first part of the mail is not 'text/plain', there is a patch on the devel mailing list that improves this behavior to also leave the text/html parts in

can i send you the eml via mail? i don't want to post it public

Details that could help you:
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="_004_AM6PR06MB591018DE744B0D5206A6BC6EF3970AM6PR06MB5910eurp_"
MIME-Version: 1.0

hab jetzt das mail angeschaut und es ist tatsächlich das falsche verhalten im moment

die e-mail hat folgende struktur

Code:
multipart/mixed
  multipart/alternative
    text/plain
    text/plain
  attachment
wenn 'remove all attachments' ausgewählt wird, werden alle parts entfernt die nicht der erste part (abgesehen vom obersten multipart) und text/* ist
das heißt hier wird der ganze 'multipart/alternative' part fälschlicherweise als attachment erkannt

ein patch hierfür ist bereits auf der devel-liste: https://pve.proxmox.com/pipermail/pmg-devel/2019-October/000629.html

vielen Dank für die Info!
bedeutet devel-liste es ist dafür bereits ein Patch verfügbar?
und dieser wäre nur über eine subscription verfügbar?

bedeutet devel-liste es ist dafür bereits ein Patch verfügbar?
ja ist aber noch nicht applied, das wird noch ein bisschen dauern vermutlich und danach den typischen weg unserer pakete gehen test -> no-subscription -> enterprise

und dieser wäre nur über eine subscription verfügbar?
nein der patch und der code sind beides öffentlich/agpl und hat mal nichts mit einer subscription zu tun (die ist für support + enterprise repository)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!