qcow2 on mounted local and zfs raid10 slow backup and snapshot

Mr.Hunter

Apr 26, 2021
Cebu, Philippines
WE have been using proxmox since day 1 and zfs since version pve version 5. I happen to notice qcow2 snapshot and zfs vm disk are too slow very relatively slow it took a lot of time a very very slow perform on zfs proxmox version 6 and up. is there an issue with zfs?

Current setup

System: zfs raid10
4x3TB constellation seagate
1x1 500 Sata Samsung SSD (log and cache)

From pve version 5 i did not experience this issue.

after a fresh install of version 6.0 up to version 6.2.4 the performance was awfully slow

Attachments

• slow-zfs.png
    slow-zfs.png
    57 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
One reason why snapshots might take long is if you enable the "Include RAM" option where the contents of the VMs RAM is stored as well.

Otherwise we are not aware that snapshots are taking much longer. Can you please provide more details and maybe the task log?

One reason why snapshots might take long is if you enable the "Include RAM" option where the contents of the VMs RAM is stored as well.

Otherwise we are not aware that snapshots are taking much longer. Can you please provide more details and maybe the task log?
I can't find the "include RAM" option how do I get this option?

I can't find the "include RAM" option how do I get this option?
You get the option if you create a snapshot while the VM is running, below the field where you set the name of the snapshot. If the VM is off, the option is not shown.

I understand the snapshot part. Sorry for the confusion back to my other issue and question is for backup VZdump it took too long even running a qcow2 disk and raw disk.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!