PVE GUI issues with LXC Migration

Republicus

Aug 7, 2017
In Proxmox PVE 6.X I've noticed some odd behavior within the GUI when attempting to migrate an NFS mounted LXC container.

I wonder if someone can repeat so I might be able to determine if this is an internal issue on my end or a bug I should report.

Note: Migration of the Container is working fine so long as you correctly order the sequence through the GUI where the Migrate option is available on all nodes. This appears to be GUI related only.

1. First, migration appears to be unavailable.
migrate01.PNG
2. If you select another PVE node, the Migrate option becomes available
migrate02.PNG
3. Selecting the previous PVE node (Step 1: node02 that was initially unavailable) Migration becomes available
migrate03.PNG
4. Returning to the PVE node where the Migrate option was first available (step 2 node04) - is now unavailable...
migrate04.PNG

Hi,

I can't reproduce and would guess you have corosync network problems.
Please check your corosync network.

I've not yet moved onto setting up HA. Currently only clustered. I hope that's all that's needed.
FYI: QEMU VMs do not experience this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!