Slawka

Feb 25, 2016
Almost all the time, the load in the atop is about 30%
5239 2577K 0K 0K 25% pve-firewall

How can I reduce the load, IO Delay reaches up to 20%

Proxmox Virtual Environment 4.2-17/e1400248
ZFS

Hi,
does the problem persist if you restart the firewall service with `systemctl restart pve-firewall.service`?

After boot
Code:
PID                          RDDSK                          WRDSK                          WCANCL                          DSK                         CMD        1/18
 4867                          3539K                             0K                              0K                          34%                         pve-firewall
After restart service
After restart
Code:
  PID                          RDDSK                          WRDSK                          WCANCL                          DSK                         CMD        1/13
10857                          3539K                             0K                              0K                          58%                         pve-firewall

Sorry Slawka, I overlooked that you still run on a PVE 4.x which is no longer supported. I strongly recommend to upgrade your system to the latest version and keep it up to date. Please follow this wiki post to upgrade https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_4.x_to_5.0
Regarding your issue you can of course try to narrow down which files pve-firewall is reading (lsof), log files in general (journalctl) output of `systemctl status pve-firewall`... But I strongly recommend you to upgrade as a first step and see if the issue persists.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!