pve-firewall disk usage 30%

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Networking and Firewall' started by Slawka, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Slawka

Slawka New Member

Almost all the time, the load in the atop is about 30%
    5239 2577K 0K 0K 25% pve-firewall

How can I reduce the load, IO Delay reaches up to 20%

Proxmox Virtual Environment 4.2-17/e1400248
    ZFS

2. Chris

Chris Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Hi,
    does the problem persist if you restart the firewall service with `systemctl restart pve-firewall.service`?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Slawka

Slawka New Member

After boot
    Code:
    PID                          RDDSK                          WRDSK                          WCANCL                          DSK                         CMD        1/18
     4867                          3539K                             0K                              0K                          34%                         pve-firewall
    After restart service 

After restart
    Code:
      PID                          RDDSK                          WRDSK                          WCANCL                          DSK                         CMD        1/13
    10857                          3539K                             0K                              0K                          58%                         pve-firewall

4. Chris

Chris Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Sorry Slawka, I overlooked that you still run on a PVE 4.x which is no longer supported. I strongly recommend to upgrade your system to the latest version and keep it up to date. Please follow this wiki post to upgrade https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_4.x_to_5.0
    Regarding your issue you can of course try to narrow down which files pve-firewall is reading (lsof), log files in general (journalctl) output of `systemctl status pve-firewall`... But I strongly recommend you to upgrade as a first step and see if the issue persists.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice