radw

Aug 7, 2020
Hi all.
I have 2 proxmox clusters, one which has 2 x PVE 7.4-16 nodes and the other one which has 2 x PVE 8.2.2 + qdevice.
I use PBS v3.1-2 on docker, on a Synology NAS.
On cluster with v7.4-16, the backups never fail but on the other cluster, the one with v8.2.2, backups systematically fail with the same error every time:
Code:
"WARN: uploading backup task log failed: Error: error trying to connect: error connecting to https://10.10.10.5:8007/ - tcp connect error: deadline has elapsed"
There are no error logged on the PBS server and on the PVE nodes, I have the same output as in WEBUI logs:
Code:
/var/log/pve/tasks/index:UPID:proxprod2:00378BE5:0C91C930:6650FFD0:vzdump::root@pam: 6650FFDF could not activate storage 'synology-proxmox-backup': synology-proxmox-backup: error fetching datastores - 500 Can't connect to 10.10.10.5:8007 (Connection timed out)

PVE cluster v8.2.2 was initially a single node with version 7.4-16 which I've upgraded to 8.2.2 by wiping and reinstalling, installed another node, created a cluster and also added a qdevice.
Before the upgrade, there were no problems whatsoever. I haven't changed anything in the firewall, not even updated it. I use a fortigate firewall, if that's relevant.
From my point of view, all of these problems started to appear after the upgrade to proxmox 8.2, I think it has a shorter timeout period for PBS connection.
Also, most of the time, when I login in the cluster with v8.2.2 and go to the PBS server, it loads for a few seconds and shows no info in Usage. If I go through various menus and then return to the PBS, sometimes it loads correctly, sometimes it doesn't.
I've already tried a suggestion found here on the forums which said a crontab job could do the trick in order to pre-activate the storage before the backup, by listing the contents on the PBS.
Code:
59 * * * * /usr/sbin/pvesm list synology-proxmox-backup >> /dev/null
Again, even this crontab sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, with most of the time not working.
Is there any file which can be modified to edit the timeout for storage query?
PVE 7.4 and 8.2 are in different VLANs, so is the Synology NAS.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!