Proxmox VM error

Crxcifix

Jun 28, 2022
Hello,

I am setting up a home server/VM with my raspberry pi 4. Proxmox is set up along with storage to use, I have tried setting up a windows VM using an iso but get this error code when I try to start it up.
“kvm: -no-hpet: Option not supported for this target
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1”
I’ve watched multiple videos and changed multiple settings but to no avail.
I’m typically new to this and this is for my own research, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

If you want to run Windows VMs you should get a x86 machine for running Proxmox VE. A raspberry pi neither got the ressources to run a Windows VM nor does it support software that were compiled for x86 (raspberry pi just uses a ARM cpu). When using a raspberry pi you should better stick with arm linux containers (LXCs) or docker.

Reactions: Crxcifix
If you want to run Windows VMs you should get a x86 machine for running Proxmox VE. A raspberry pi neither got the ressources to run a Windows VM nor does it support software that were compiled for x86 (raspberry pi just uses a ARM cpu). When using a raspberry pi you should better stick with arm linux containers (LXCs) or docker.
I understand, I should have thought of that before, thank you for your help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!