Proxmox vlan tagged issue ¡¡¡HELPPP!!!

Fernando Aguilar

Jul 31, 2024
Hello. I hope you are well.

I am new to Proxmox. I am having trouble getting Proxmox to recognize tagged VLANs.

I have used a server to install Proxmox VE 8.2. This server is directly connected to a switch. The interface is configured in trunking mode with the required VLANs. As an example, I will call them VLAN 10 (MGMT), VLAN 20 (Captive Portal Network), and VLAN 30 (WAN Network).

In the Proxmox network configuration, I have configured the Linux bridge (VMBR0) with VLAN-aware enabled. I also created 2 Linux VLANs: vmbr0.10 and vmbr0.20.

1722461557873.png

In the Linux bridge interface configuration, I set the bridge-vids option with the VLANs that I need Proxmox to recognize.

1722461774673.png

Proxmox does not recognize traffic through VLANs. VLAN 10 is part of the network where the management IP address is configured, but when the switch port is configured with tagged VLANs (switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20,30), the Proxmox IP address does not respond.

Proxmox responds when I configure the management VLAN (10) as the native VLAN (untagged): switchport trunk native vlan 10.

I have applied multiple adjustments, including enabling the OVS Bridge, creating OVS IntPort with the VLANs I need, and associating them with the OVS Bridge, but it has not worked either.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!