Proxmox VE 6.2 released!

I seem to have a problem opening novnc and xterm.js windows with Firefox following PVE 6.2 update, anyone else able to confirm this is a problem?

works here. do you have any browser plugins?

that's great! has the backup and restore time improved as well?
Not really. The backup is around 40% slower on the local array, but i'm not concerned about that at all, as it's still fine and quick enough. I was bottlenecking when doing the offsite backup and the bandwidth was already pushing the times higher than what's needed for the better compression. On the other hand, the reduction of size should end up in considerable gains in backup times. And that's beside the cost of the storage itself. Moreover, it's great having a choice. I can set lzo for the local array and still have speed, while using zstd for remote ones and gaining time and space. One of those improvements that's unarguably awesome all around :)

Not really. The backup is around 40% slower on the local array, but i'm not concerned about that at all, as it's still fine and quick enough. I was bottlenecking when doing the offsite backup and the bandwidth was already pushing the times higher than what's needed for the better compression. On the other hand, the reduction of size should end up in considerable gains in backup times. And that's beside the cost of the storage itself. Moreover, it's great having a choice. I can set lzo for the local array and still have speed, while using zstd for remote ones and gaining time and space. One of those improvements that's unarguably awesome all around :)

So quick question still the backups are full? not incremental?

So quick question still the backups are full? not incremental?

Yes. vzdump backup archives will stay that way, a solution for incremental de-duplicated is under development though.

Yes. vzdump backup archives will stay that way, a solution for incremental de-duplicated is under development though.
that's exciting. thanks for the heads up. are we talking months or years? sorry just being nosy.

Thanks for that. I have certbot already running on a separate host grabbing wildcard certs and was manually copying them over to my proxmox nodes. With ACME running now on proxmox, I don't have to do that any longer. I'll just stick to regular certs for my proxmox nodes.

Hello there,

After making the last update in the system, the information is not displayed on the CTs. CTs are open but do not provide graphical or statistical information. One of them seems closed but has access. Why can this be the problem?

https://prnt.sc/shzesv

https://prnt.sc/shzf07
You have some service daemons not running and/or issues to connect to the API.

Check your syslog for erros, try restarting the pveproxy pvedaemon and pvestatd services, either using the webinterface or over SSH/console: systemctl restart pvestatd pveproxy pvedaemon

did you guys get the webGUI pci passthrough limit thing fixed?

It was limited to 4 devices in the webgui right?

ZFS 0.8.4 is now available in our pvetest repo.
ZFS 0.8.4 now in the pve-no-subscription repo. Does it contain same patches as in pvetest version? Specially - patches from arenas to speedup zvol.

Reactions: sigo
Reactions: sigo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!