Proxmox VE 3.0 RC1 released!

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
We just released Proxmox VE 3.0 RC1 (release candidate). Its based on the great Debian 7.0 release (Wheezy) and introduces a great new feature set:

VM Templates and Clones

Under the hood, many improvements and optimizations are done, most important is the replacement of Apache2 by our own event driven API server.

A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions.

Release notes
See http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_3.0

Download
http://www.proxmox.com/downloads

Install Proxmox VE on Debian Wheezy

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Wheezy

Upgrade from any 2.3 to 3.0
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_2.3_to_3.0

All RC1 installations can be updated to 3.0 stable without any problems (apt).

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader

Last edited by a moderator:
Just doing fresh install and found this problem when trying to logging in to web based

The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

And this is what it shows in /var/log/daemon.log

May 8 17:25:42 proxmox01 pveproxy[2649]: problem with client 192.168.xx.xx; rsa_padding_check_pkcs1_type_1: block type is not 01
May 8 17:25:42 proxmox01 pveproxy[2649]: WARNING: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/HTTPServer.pm line 164.
May 8 17:25:42 proxmox01 pveproxy[2649]: WARNING: Can't call method "push_write" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/HTTPServer.pm line 211.

Last edited:
I've read controversial discussions in relation to scheduler and finally we have the "DEADLINE" for the new Proxmox VE :)
I can remember talks about vzdump and openvz that were depended on CFQ. Martin, could I have the link to the latest discussion please?

Last edited:
just stop the VM during the upgrade (as always with KVM/kernel upgrades). migration is optional.

I'm upgrading our cluster one node at a time but Node02 failed with this:

Processing triggers for pve-manager ...
Restarting PVE Daemon: pvedaemonCan't locate File/Basename.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/SafeSyslog.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/SafeSyslog.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/pvedaemon line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/pvedaemon line 11.
failed!
Restarting PVE Status Daemon: pvestatdCan't locate File/Basename.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/SafeSyslog.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/SafeSyslog.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/pvestatd line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/pvestatd line 4.
failed!
Restarting web server: apache2[Wed May 08 08:07:43 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
[Wed May 08 08:07:43 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
Action 'start' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
failed!
invoke-rc.d: initscript apache2, action "restart" failed.
dpkg: error processing pve-manager (--unpack):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
configured to not write apport reports
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
pve-manager
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
dist-upgrade failed

Now when I try to run I get this:

./pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0
Can't locate File/Basename.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0 line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0 line 15.

Now when I try to run I get this:

./pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0
Can't locate File/Basename.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0 line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0 line 15.

You removed perl somehow? Try

# apt-get install perl-modules

Then try again

I don't know exactly how it got removed, I simply pasted the command in (I had done it on two nodes already so this wasn't my first attempt).

Running :
apt-get install perl-modules
apt-get -f install

got everything back again. Thanks.

Completely fubar'ed

Starting PVE API Proxy Server: pveproxyunable to create socket - IO::Socket::INET: Address already in use
(warning).

all vms down

- - - Updated - - -

root@PL-C-003:/etc# service pveproxy restart
Restarting PVE API Proxy Server: pveproxy.

I can't access the website AT ALL

Completely fubar'ed

Starting PVE API Proxy Server: pveproxyunable to create socket - IO::Socket::INET: Address already in use
(warning).

all vms down

- - - Updated - - -

root@PL-C-003:/etc# service pveproxy restart
Restarting PVE API Proxy Server: pveproxy.

I can't access the website AT ALL

stop apache2, then restart pveproxy.

Did that - seems issue is iscsi '/usr/bin/iscsiadm --mode session' failed: exit code 21

- - - Updated - - -

When you go to the IP you have to manually push it to 8006 ... but anyway more importantly the iscsi wont work ...

Great to hear the news! Congratulations to all who made this possible! Updating my test cluster now :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!