Proxmox VE 3.0 RC1 released!

Same problem here with iscsi.
After connecting to one iscsi with " iscsiadm -m node --portal X.X.X.X:3260 -T "iqn.XXX-XX.com.equallogic:0-????????????????????????-XXXX" -l ", all iscsi targets work well.

Thanks juaserco. This works for me as well. The only issue is I have to run it once each time I boot the server. My iSCSI target is the first VM to boot, so iSCSI target is not immediately available to the host. Not sure if that's related... Had no issues with this setup on 2.3.

Thanks juaserco. This works for me as well. The only issue is I have to run it once each time I boot the server. My iSCSI target is the first VM to boot, so iSCSI target is not immediately available to the host. Not sure if that's related... Had no issues with this setup on 2.3.

I had same issue -to fix it go into your iscsi config and change startup to automatic instead of manual

2.3 worked with manual

- - - Updated - - -

To get iscsi to work change the startup to automatic instead of manual - I had this problem when first upgraded

I had same issue -to fix it go into your iscsi config and change startup to automatic instead of manual

2.3 worked with manual

- - - Updated - - -

To get iscsi to work change the startup to automatic instead of manual - I had this problem when first upgraded

Hi ejc, thanks for the tip. I edited /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf and changed node.startup to automatic. This didn't seem to have any effect (may only affect newly-created iSCSI connections). I then went into each config file (/etc/iscsi/nodes/<TARGET>/<PORTAL>/default) and set node.startup to automatic. Now when Proxmox boots it attemps to open all of the iSCSI connections at once, before any of the VMs boot. After the timeout Proxmox continues starting up, then launches my first VM (the iSCSI target). As the subsequent VMs try to start they get the error: iscsiadm: No active sessions. TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/iscsiadm --mode session' failed: exit code 21

On Proxmox 2.3 it was as if it tried the iSCSI connections on demand when the VMs were started.

The previously-mentioned workaround (iscsiadm -m node --portal <ip>:3260 -T "<target>" -l) still gets me up and running.

Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Hi ejc, thanks for the tip. I edited /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf and changed node.startup to automatic. This didn't seem to have any effect (may only affect newly-created iSCSI connections). I then went into each config file (/etc/iscsi/nodes/<TARGET>/<PORTAL>/default) and set node.startup to automatic. Now when Proxmox boots it attemps to open all of the iSCSI connections at once, before any of the VMs boot. After the timeout Proxmox continues starting up, then launches my first VM (the iSCSI target). As the subsequent VMs try to start they get the error: iscsiadm: No active sessions. TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/iscsiadm --mode session' failed: exit code 21

On Proxmox 2.3 it was as if it tried the iSCSI connections on demand when the VMs were started.

The previously-mentioned workaround (iscsiadm -m node --portal <ip>:3260 -T "<target>" -l) still gets me up and running.

Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Hi, I can reproduce it here too. I'll do tests tomorrow to see where is the problem.

Ok, I have found the iscsi bug, I have send a patch to the dev mailing list, should be ok for the RC2

As far as I know, changing startup to automatic fixed it for me. It's not the best way of doing it since it opens ALL the iscsi connections. However, there are some other uses for this.

The bigger problem is that multipath no longer works ...

Hi, I upgraded my Squeez to Proxmox 3.0. The machine now keeps booting into Debian's default kernel (3.2). Not sure how to fix this (I already tried playing with Grub but to no avail). Any recommendations?

How long will PVE stay with the 2.6 kernel? Are there already "fixed" dates for a 3.2 kernel?

Not that I'm about to switch all VMs immediately to wheezy+3.2 release, but it would be nice to know if this update will come e.g. in the next 3 months or not before 2014.

How long will PVE stay with the 2.6 kernel? Are there already "fixed" dates for a 3.2 kernel?

We use RHEL based kernels so a 3.2 kernel will never arrive.

Not that I'm about to switch all VMs immediately to wheezy+3.2 release, but it would be nice to know if this update will come e.g. in the next 3 months or not before 2014.

Note that proxmox use redhat rhel6 2.6.32 kernel with a lot of things backported from more recents kernel (3.4 ,3.5,....).
So next big update should be rhel7 kernel (based on 3.8 kernel I think), but I think it will be release at the end of 2013.

Hi, I upgraded my Squeez to Proxmox 3.0. The machine now keeps booting into Debian's default kernel (3.2). Not sure how to fix this (I already tried playing with Grub but to no avail). Any recommendations?

you can safely remove debian kernel:

#apt-get remove linux-image*

and verify that pve-kernel is installed:

#dpkg -l|grep pve-kernel

Note that proxmox use redhat rhel6 2.6.32 kernel with a lot of things backported from more recents kernel (3.4 ,3.5,....).
So next big update should be rhel7 kernel (based on 3.8 kernel I think), but I think it will be release at the end of 2013.
According to rhn.redhat.com RHEL 7 is scheduled to arrive primo 2014.

update from RC1 to
pveversion -v
pve-manager: 3.0-17 (pve-manager/3.0/f8f25665)
running kernel: 2.6.32-20-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.0-99
pve-kernel-2.6.32-20-pve: 2.6.32-99
lvm2: 2.02.95-pve3
clvm: 2.02.95-pve3
corosync-pve: 1.4.5-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
libqb0: 0.11.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.0-1
pve-cluster: 3.0-2
qemu-server: 3.0-12
pve-firmware: 1.0-22
libpve-common-perl: 3.0-4
libpve-access-control: 3.0-4
libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-6
vncterm: 1.1-3
vzctl: 4.0-1pve3
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.4-12
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

Can't login from Web GUI (seem password is wrong,but I can login from ssh),
I must reboot the host, webgui login is ok now.

works here, clear all browser caches, reload page.

Nope, didn't work for me :( And this is with RC2/current wheezy installation/upgrade instructions
MacOSX 10.8.3
FireFox 20.0, and the current 21.0 (Safari do work though)

I have to mention: If I do a ISO installation, it just works, but doing a Wheezzy isntalaltin FOLLOWED by installing Proxmox-pve, I get this problem.

Check this highlighted part of the log snippet:

May 21 07:31:56 skyhost pveproxy[3368]: problem with client 192.168.5.123; rsa_padding_check_pkcs1_type_1: block type is not 01
May 21 07:31:56 skyhost pveproxy[3368]: WARNING: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/HTTPServer.pm line 167.
May 21 07:31:56 skyhost pveproxy[3368]: WARNING: Can't call method "push_write" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/HTTPServer.pm line 214.

This looks like an SSL issue ;(

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!