Proxmox VE 2.3 released!

Is there a published roadmap for ProxmoxVE? I would like to know some of the planned features for the next couple of releases. Thanks, and sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it.

I have seen this page, but it only shows details for past releases, and only shows three enhancements planned for future releases, and doesn't say anything about which release they will be in! Not very informative.

You guys do realize that VM Templates is a HUGE plus if it gets implemented. Last I talked to Dietmar he said in a few months so I am expecting June for that.Proxmox will seriously eat other vm orchestrator's lunch if it gets templating right

Hard work is also done to make live storage migration possible in the new release. Combined with Squeeze to Wheezy transition and on top of that support for templates I should say it is a huge step forward placing proxmox ahead of Xen and Hyper-V and catching up to VmWare making an even feature match not that far out in the future. Just my two cents;)

I don't think anybody is disputing that Proxmox VE is strong and getting stronger. The question posed was simple "is there a published roadmap". The correct answer to that is apparently no - the 'Roadmap' wiki contains a changelog and a couple of high level statements...it is not a 'roadmap'.

That is not really a slam or criticism. There are (apparently) strong and interesting features planned. The product is strong and is, in some important respects, catching up to VMware. Nobody is dismissing that.

You guys do realize that VM Templates is a HUGE plus if it gets implemented. Last I talked to Dietmar he said in a few months so I am expecting June for that.Proxmox will seriously eat other vm orchestrator's lunch if it gets templating right

actually openvz already has perfectly working templating, so theres not much left to desire. youre blowing this way out of proportion.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!