Proxmox UPS shutdown signal from UPS Master (NAS)

HeeroYuy

Jan 18, 2023
Hi,

following setup: My QNAP NAS is connected to a UPS via USB, and it will shut down after 10 minutes when a power loss is detected.
Now I can activate the UPS Master in the QNAP settings. This master should inform following IP addresses about the power loss:
192.168.1.1 (router)
192.168.1.30 (Proxmox server)

Where and how can I set up Proxmox to recognize this signal and also shut down after X minutes?

My UPS has only one USB port (Eaton Eclipse ECO 800).

you can use the project nut
Hello floh8,

do you have some more information about configuration? I have the same problem as HeeroYuy. Here me post in the Germany community:

Code:
Hello dear community,

I am still new to Proxmox and Linux. I have the following constellation:

DS918+ as NUT server
Proxmox Host as NUT Client

The connection from Proxmox to the Synology DS918+ is up. I will test the automated shutdown of the Proxmox Host this evening. If I have understood everything correctly, all VM's and containers should be disconnected automatically BEFORE the Proxmox Host shuts down.

Now my 2 questions:

1. what settings do YOU have so that the Proxmox Host automatically starts up again after the shutdown when the power is back? What else needs to be set here? Does the UPS have to be shut down?

2. what setting do YOU have so that Proxmox sends e-mails about the status of the NUT connection? I have difficulties with the scripts and settings in the config files and am unsure. Sending emails from Proxmox works fine -> for backups for example.

Thank you for your help and have a wonderful and healthy week.

Ronny

P.S. So I think I have set everything, but the Promox host reports in the syslog "on battery" but does not shut down. How can I set the time between "on battery" and "shutdown"?

I found a solution by myself.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!