Proxmox Update -> GRUB failure

Jan 9, 2012
Hi,

i have just updated my Proxmox-3.1 Server with:

aptitude update
aptitude full-upgrade

During the Update Process, a blue Screen pops up and asked me, if i want to reinstall GRUB. I confirmed with yes. In the next Screen i could choose between "Raid-6", "/boot" and "/root". I marked "/boot" an continued with "ok". The Update continues and it semms to be ok. But after a reboot, GRUB has a failure and the System comes not up:

Grub loading.
Welcome to GRUB!

error: symbol not found: 'grub_divmod64_full'.
Enetering rescue mode...
grub rescue> _

Have I made ​​a mistake?
And how can I fix this?

Thanks,

Alex

For Info: The Server has an Adaptec Raid-Controller with one large Raid-6 where Proxmox is installed.

Last edited:
I made the same mistake. Proxmox installs GRUB to the MBR, so the correct choice would have been your RAID6. The above link worked for me perfectly.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!