Proxmox stuck by H240

BUMS

Nov 21, 2021
Hello, I’m using proxmox remotely because of my military service. I installed H240 on the server when I went on vacation while serving.

It seems working well at first. But it wasn’t.

It seems like because bad hard drive. But I can’t plug out that disk while I’m here (the army).

H240 (hba mode)
5 disks are connected
Using all disks to zfs pool (pool name: data)

I wonder there is anything I can do here.

Thank you.

Attachments

• D21084CD-AC61-4F61-B798-D917E39533E9.png
    D21084CD-AC61-4F61-B798-D917E39533E9.png
    654.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
What are your zpool status and lsblk reporting?
Sorry for the late reply. Here it is.
The first few minutes after turning on the system is fine, but after some time, the ssacli and zfs command become hang. (Also I can’t access to folder)

Attachments

• F69F5E57-0713-4F6E-B847-2BCF6E872A7B.jpeg
    F69F5E57-0713-4F6E-B847-2BCF6E872A7B.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Not sure about that error because your ZFS isn't reporting any logged read/write errors. You could run a scrub (zpool scrub data) to check for corrupted data.

But what is a problem is that your created your pool with a ashift of 9 but your drives need a ashift of 12.
So you are basically writing with 512B blocks to a disk that can only write 4k or bigger blocks. So all your disks need to write/read 8 times more than actually needed so you got alot of overhead.
And ashift can only be set at creation, so sooner or later you will need to destroy and recreate that pool.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!