* pve-firewall.service loaded failed failed Proxmox VE firewall
* pve-guests.service loaded failed failed PVE guests
* pve-ha-crm.service loaded failed failed PVE Cluster Ressource Manager Daemon
* pve-ha-lrm.service loaded failed failed PVE Local HA Ressource Manager Daemon
* pveproxy.service loaded failed failed PVE API Proxy Server
* pvesr.service loaded failed failed Proxmox VE replication runner
* pvestatd.service loaded failed failed PVE Status Daemon
* spiceproxy.service loaded failed failed PVE SPICE Proxy Server

I started one by one, but the most important part: pve-guests.service, failed to start.

what do I do now? I am in production.

What errors do you get exactly? You can query the service status with 'systemctl', for example

# systemctl status pve-cluster.service

systemctl status pve-cluster.service
* pve-cluster.service - The Proxmox VE cluster filesystem
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pve-cluster.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Wed 2018-08-01 14:39:59 EDT; 39min ago
Process: 122435 ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/pvecm updatecerts --silent (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 122386 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pmxcfs (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 122428 (pmxcfs)
Tasks: 6 (limit: 8192)
Memory: 60.9M
CPU: 2.785s
CGroup: /system.slice/pve-cluster.service
`-122428 /usr/bin/pmxcfs
systemctl status pve-guests.service
* pve-guests.service - PVE guests
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pve-guests.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2018-08-01 13:48:35 EDT; 1h 31min ago
Process: 59479 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pvesh --nooutput create /nodes/localhost/startall (code=exited, status=111)
Main PID: 59479 (code=exited, status=111)
CPU: 852ms
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 pvesh[59479]: ipcc_send_rec[2] failed: Connection refused
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 pvesh[59479]: ipcc_send_rec[3] failed: Connection refused
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 pvesh[59479]: ipcc_send_rec[1] failed: Connection refused
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 pvesh[59479]: ipcc_send_rec[2] failed: Connection refused
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 pvesh[59479]: ipcc_send_rec[3] failed: Connection refused
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 pvesh[59479]: Unable to load access control list: Connection refused
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 systemd[1]: pve-guests.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=111/n/a
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 systemd[1]: Failed to start PVE guests.
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 systemd[1]: pve-guests.service: Unit entered failed state.
Aug 01 13:48:35 dialer-9 systemd[1]: pve-guests.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
I started my two containers with pct start and my two VMs with qm start, but I cannot use the console to see my VMs and the web interface is off
how can I troubleshoot the issue? all the drives are working

I made it work, partially, buy changing pve-guests.service where it says RefuseManualStart=false to true. It did start manually.
Any other service required was running.
This is obviously a bug. The service did not start manually, and there was no way to start it by starting any other service. But it can start manually. However, I say "partially " because the software does not show the stats of any virtual machine or container. It hangs on the hourglass forever. Can somebody shed light on what to do in the case? At least I got back the console service.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!