Proxmox Replication - Storage full, even though it isn't

username123

Mar 1, 2021
Hey, I am migrating from CentOS to proxmox and have a problem setting up my storage: I've got two machines, each with 2* Samsung 1TB SSDs (mirrored), both running Proxmox. I've got one VM with a 800GB raw image on machine one and want to replicate it onto machine two. So I first set up the zfs pool on machine one (clicked the add storage option) then created zfs storage on the second machine (didn't click add storage there). Then I went to Datacenter and added the second machine to the pool.

Now when I am setting up a replicate job it tells me that the storage is full, how can that be (it shows 0.00% (612.00 KiB of 922.25 GiB) usage on the machine im trying to replicate to, 89.46% (825.04 GiB of 922.25 GiB) on the source)? Is there a 200GB overhead even when the VM is turned of? Tips or help would be much appreciated because I don't know how to proceed from here

Last edited:
Update: Moving the disk to another internal hard drive (also 1TB) of machine one works - it just refuses to send it to the other machine somehow.

Update2: Still not able to migrate, even from the second disk, so it's not because of raid settings.

Could you please post the output of the following commands
Code:
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
pvesm status
pvecm status
and also the full log of the replication command/error?

Reactions: username123
Could you please post the output of the following commands
Code:
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
pvesm status
pvecm status
and also the full log of the replication command/error?
hey,
thanks for your answer. i just solved my problem by switching to 4tb ssd's instead of the 1tb samsung 960 Pro's. there my used space jumped from 885gb to 1.69tb, so well over the usable space on my smaller drives. kinda unfortunate, but it is what it is :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominic

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!