Proxmox questions (Monitoring,Raid,VNC)

xalyy

Feb 9, 2014
Hello!

I recently got 2 Dell T5610 Workstation machines and installed the latest version of Proxmox VE on them. They are running on my home network and I would like to ask for some advice here.

1. Can anyone recommend me a good way to monitor sensors in Proxmox in a web UI something like netdata. I wanted to use netdata but its too clustered for me im looking for a more clean monitoring tool if possible.
I tried adding the sensors chart but I didnt had any luck with it. Guides suggested I need to add sensor enforcing on something but I couldnt find any file that had that line and since im looking for an other tool I didnt really bothered with it.

2. Is it possible in Proxmox to get RAID 0 on 2 NVME SSD's that is connected through PCIE Adaptors? If yes what filesystem do you guys recommend for it for maximum performance.
Only one server has 2 NVME SSD's the other has only 1, its running LVM filesystem and I benchmarked a server it was able to get the full speed of the NVME SSD.

3. Is it possible to set up templates in a way that I can easily change the VM's hostnames and also when they are done installing have a VNC Server pre configured? Since its my home network they would get local IP's but I would like to also access them through my public IP.
I had a server that wasnt on my home network but my solution was to just clone a "template" VM, start it then connect to it and just manually change its hostname and the VNC Servers startup display port, so I could access multiple VM's through one IP just by having them on different display port. For example x.x.x.x:10-100 and just save them as VNC files.
But doing this manually is time consuming especially if you want to do this on like a 100 VM. So if its possible somehow I would like to automize this process. Or if there is an other workaround that would be good too.
If not possible I would like to ask then how can I use VNC Server outside of the 5900-5999 port range, I launched a VNC Server with port :10000 but I wasnt able to connect to it even if I port forwarded. Only ports through 5900-5999 worked if I gone above that I couldnt connect to the VNC Server.

Thanks for the answers!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!