Proxmox not starting after reboot

crabbymonkey

May 30, 2019
Hi All,

I restarted my proxmox server that has been running fine for a few months and now the proxmox services don't seem to be starting.

I am running Linux pve 5.13.19-2-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.13.19-4 (Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:10:09 +0100) x86_64 based on when I ssh in. But the web gui doesn't start and the screen is black when I hook a monitor into it. After running too the only processes that I can see for proxmox are some proxy workers.

None of my vms are working and the web interface also isn't available.

I did notice when I ran pveversion -v I seem to out of space

root@pve:~# pveversion -v
Ignoring file 'pve-enterprise.list.disable' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
Write error - write (28: No space left on device)
IO Error saving source cache
The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
unable to initialize AptPkg::Cache

So I tried to see the space usage and got the following
root@pve:~# df -kh
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 32G 0 32G 0% /dev
tmpfs 6.3G 66M 6.3G 2% /run
/dev/mapper/pve-root 68G 68G 0 100% /
tmpfs 32G 0 32G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 6.3G 0 6.3G 0% /run/user/0

Not sure what could be the problem and any help would be appreciated!

/dev/mapper/pve-root 68G 68G 0 100% /

Write error - write (28: No space left on device)

root partition is full according to your `df -kh`

Quick update turns out now I do get the regular display on the monitor telling me to use the browser but there is nothing when I go to the URL.

all your errors will come from that, you do not have free space on on root partition.

is proxmox in a VM ? or installed on bare metal ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!