Proxmox ISSUE

didraro

Jan 25, 2014
I use the Proxmox Virtual Environment 4.2-2/725d76f0 wich i see there are some of bugs ...

1) [BUG] I have an server wit 40 cores , 2 cpu , and i created an openvz using 10 cores, if i will check the OPENVZ machine i see that it have 40 cores not 10 cores wich i did select ...

2) On the OPENVZ the quata does not work ... I did install an cpanel and the disc space does not record it .

So on Openvz Disk quota inside LXC container - Looks like it is a bug and propably will not be fixed...

Any news when updates will come or any fix ?

Proxmox VE 4.x does not come with OpenVZ, so I do not get the topic of your post in detail.

I think he meant LXC Container instead of OpenVZ. I can confirm that a container does show the entire core count of the Host and not the allocated core count of the container. For example, my host has 12 core. I have assigned 1 core to a test LXC container. When i ran the following command from inside the container i get core count of 12 not 1:
grep -c ^processor /proc/cpuinfo

the cpu/core count question has been discussed multiple times here on the forum - please refer to one of the old threads!

Yest that's corect symmcom .

Second problem it is that OPENVZ - cpanel disc it does not recod disc space ...

What can i do do you recomend to me to go to other old version ? since you tell me Proxmox VE 4.x does not come with OpenVZ

Think diskquotas issue is sorted though.
I got disk quotas working on LVM but I know it does not work on ZFS. So I moved back to LVM and enabled quotas for Containers.
Then I deleted the old quotas files in / which openvz had.

and followed this:

touch /aquota.user
touch /aquota.group

chmod 0600 /aquota.user
chmod 0600 /aquota.group

quotacheck -cmug /

Then went into WHM on each VM and clicked Initial Quota Setup.

All worked well.

Only issue is the CPU Count yes. I guess with that give it time - openvz did it great hopefully lxc will too.

technically, it's possible to limit cpu count in lxc.
But the problem is that it's binded to physical cpu cores.
(cpu0 in ct = cpu0 in host, cpu10 in cpu = cpu10 in host).
So, it's pretty hard to have a good balancing of cpu ressources with multiple ct.
openvz have a special scheduler for this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!