Proxmox IP and Idrac 7 IP

pegoku

Jan 21, 2022
Hello, the other day I changed the router, the configuration and all that, now my dell powerge R820 server does not let me access with the previously established IP, could you help me to fix it?
PS: also when using the idrac dhcp from the front screen, the ip is left at 0.0.0.0

hi,

Hello, the other day I changed the router, the configuration and all that, now my dell powerge R820 server does not let me access with the previously established IP, could you help me to fix it?
what exactly did you change?

did you edit your network configuration in the PVE after changing the router?

maybe you need to change your /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/hosts files.

hi,

what exactly did you change?

did you edit your network configuration in the PVE after changing the router?

maybe you need to change your /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/hosts files.
the router
No
How?

the router
you've replaced the router?

login to your machine with the keyboard and monitor, then edit the file /etc/network/interfaces to change the gateway address. you can use nano /etc/network/interfaces and after editing Ctrl-X to save and quit, then restart the network with ifreload -a (or reboot)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!