[SOLVED] Proxmox Installation Menu does not load from USB-Stick

MasterG87

Dec 29, 2018
Hi,

I tried to install Proxmox on my Gigabyte BLCE-4105 with Celeron J4105, 8GB RAM and 256 GB SSD by a bootable USB Stick with the 5.3.1 Iso file without success.

I have put the Iso file on the stick by BalenaEtcher or ImageUsb or the command dd on my Mac/Windows. Always with the same unsuccesful result. The installation process does not start and I end up with a black screen. Can somebody give me a hint? I have already followed the instructions on your section "install from usb-stick".

I also tried different USB-Sticks and version Proxmox 5.2 always with the same outcome.

Thanks in advance.

How can I change from UEFI to Legacy mode? In the Bios setting I have, I can't change the UEFI setting (see the picture). I am using Bios F5 currently and I have tried the preinstalled Bios F4 as well.

20181229_160711.jpg

I think its impossible to activate Legacy Mode on my board, because its not available anymore. I read such an information for another board from asrock j5005 of the same age.

Is it impossible to install Proxmox without Legacy Mode?

Search in the forum for "J4105" there are many other threads about such problems. I don't check them all, but eventually there is an solution in it.

I didn't knew that it was related to my processor, thats why I didnt find anything suitable.

I think it's not related to the CPU but to the Plattform. This CPU is maybe only used in one Plattform, so you will have such problems with other CPU but same base too.

But nice to see you have solved your problem and shred this with us here! :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!