proxmox gui not working properly

tooboredtocode

May 3, 2021
I have recently secured my proxmox cluster with teleport.

However since I did that, my gui hasn't been working properly. For example console windows will always display a 501 error or trying to modify any container or vm would display a connection error, with on perfectly working node (both can be seen below)

I hope someone may be able to help me.

console 501 error1620078302790.png

i do not know teleport, but i guess it kinda behaves like a reverse proxy? if yes, you have to make sure that the cookie/csrf token gets forwarded properly and for console access that websockets work correctly

I get the following errors in the console when i try to do those things. 1st is trying to start a container and 2nd is trying to use a console.

1620142816798.png

And the following are the json responses when I try to hit the endpoints manually (same order as before):

JSON:
{
data: null,
success: 0,
message: "Method 'GET /nodes/prod01/lxc/901/status/start' not implemented",
}
JSON:
{
data: null
}

i do not know teleport, but i guess it kinda behaves like a reverse proxy? if yes, you have to make sure that the cookie/csrf token gets forwarded properly and for console access that websockets work correctly
also regrading both things, i've checked and yes both work

can teleport log the complete request it sends to the server? thats the only way to be sure it is configured correctly...

Did you just make an nginx VM and reverse proxy the app name for teleport to the proxmox gui IP and port?

I'm also running into the same issue, but I feel mine has more to do with SSL than anything
Yeah, I'm getting the same issue. Did you get anywhere with this?

Yeah, I'm getting the same issue. Did you get anywhere with this?
under the app section try adding this

Code:
insecure_skip_verify: true
This bypasses the insecure ssl cert check which for me was casuing the 501 error.

under the app section try adding this

Code:
This bypasses the insecure ssl cert check which for me was casuing the 501 error.
For some reason the insecure_skip_verify: true doesn't work for me. I continue getting a 400 bad request. Any ideas?

This is all i have in the my teleport.conf file.

Code:
app_service:
  enabled: yes
  apps:
  - name: "pve"
    uri: "https://localhost:8006"

I am having issues with noVNC working correctly though, but the rest of the GUI is available.

This is all i have in the my teleport.conf file.

Code:
app_service:
  enabled: yes
  apps:
  - name: "pve"
    uri: "https://localhost:8006"

I am having issues with noVNC working correctly though, but the rest of the GUI is available.
Thanks for your reply. I can get most of the ui working, except novnc, and also I am unable to start a vm

Im having the same issue, tho ive noticed i am able to get xtermshell to work when upgrading, my settings for teleport are
apps:
- name: pve
uri: https://localhost:8006/
public_addr: pve.example.com
rewrite:
headers:
- "Host: pve.example.com"

I have recently secured my proxmox cluster with teleport.

However since I did that, my gui hasn't been working properly. For example console windows will always display a 501 error or trying to modify any container or vm would display a connection error, with on perfectly working node (both can be seen below)

I hope someone may be able to help me.

View attachment 25728View attachment 25729
It happens to me too, I think it's a cache problem or something. Anyway, nothing special!

i have novnc working but only on the proxmox host server shell not for VM with my setting above

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!