Proxmox Configuration DNSBL SITES

Nov 6, 2019
Mexico
Hi, everybody, i just want to know how to configure the DNSBL Sites, for example in spamhaus site how can i know the correct url that i have to write in the text box?, in resume in my default settings i have "b.barracudacentral.org,zen.spamhaus.org,xbl.spamhaus.org,cbl.abuseat.org,spam.spamrats.com" but i need to put a lot more, where can i find the correct url that i must have to write?

Thanks for your support
1658951634277.png

Below is my DNSBL with threshold of 3. Use/setup internal DNS to prevent DNSBL timeout.

Code:
zen.spamhaus.org*2,bl.mailspike.net,psbl.surriel.com,all.spamrats.com,dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net

Reactions: Shaaarnir
Hi, everybody, i just want to know how to configure the DNSBL Sites, for example in spamhaus site how can i know the correct url that i have to write in the text box?, in resume in my default settings i have "b.barracudacentral.org,zen.spamhaus.org,xbl.spamhaus.org,cbl.abuseat.org,spam.spamrats.com" but i need to put a lot more, where can i find the correct url that i must have to write?

Thanks for your support
View attachment 39395
You should delete xbl.spamhaus.org because zen is a combination of all Spamhaus DNSBL, so you are making more useless DNS querys.
So you should delete cbl.abuseat.org because is replaced by xbl.spamhaus.org. This is from the abuseat.org offical website:

CHANGES TO THE CBL​

IMPORTANT TO ALL CBL users: If you were using the CBL to filter access to your mail servers or anything else, you will need to take note of several changes to the CBL that occured in January 2021. In short, the CBL infrastructure was replaced by the Spamhaus XBL structure, the lookup pages and access methods have changed. Full details on our CBL Cutover page

As said @hata_ph, having a lot of BL will cause false positive for sure, so keep a few good reputation BL in your config. I have only 3:

bl.spamcop.net,b.barracudacentral.org,zen.spamhaus.org

Reactions: Shaaarnir

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!