Proxmox and pfsense

Jul 26, 2019
Internet <---> host eno0 <---> vmbr0 <---> pfSense VM <---> vmbr1 <---> VM-A, B, C, ...

Hello I am new to proxmox because I always worked with hyper-v but due to several differentials that I saw in proxmox I would like to adopt it. However due to a huge difficulty that I am encountering I would like your help my scenario is:

I bought a dedicated server on TURNEKEY where i have

Primary IP 67.xxx.xxx.40
Assigned IPs 67.xxx.xxx.40 = Network
67.xxx.xxx.41 = Gateway
67.xxx.xxx.42-67.xxx.xxx.46 = Usable
67.xxx.xxx.47 = Broadcast

I need to put a firewall in the middle that is PFSENSE and right behind it my VMS.

However I do not know how to perform this configuration when I install PFsense my vmbr0 does not go out to the internet.

help me :D

Last edited:
Can you give a bit more details on what you are trying to accomplish and you setup?

As well as what exactly is the problem?

Here is why,
I run pfsense as my router and firewall replacement for my home now.
My setup is local as in I run a small Lenovo desktop as proxmox server with a single vm running pfsence.

Pc has 3 mix ports
1- management from vmbr0 to switch
1- wan - connect from wall(ISP) to vmbr1
1- lan - from vmbr0 to switch.

Pfsence vm has 2 nic.
Wan attached to vmbr1
Lan to vmbr0

All other hardware real or virtual are on lan and using pfsence as dhcp and gateway.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!