Proxmox and OpenVPN and pfsens

Turboaz

Jun 13, 2023
Hi everyone, I have a question about using Proxmox and OpenVPN together. Here's the scenario: I have an OpenVPN server in Germany and a Proxmox server in Hungary.

The goal is to enable users to connect to the German OpenVPN server and have their requests forwarded to a virtual machine running on the Proxmox server in
Hungary.
The users accessing the virtual machine via OpenVPN should appear to have a German IP address.
I don't know how to achieve this.
Initially, I considered setting up port forwarding on the OpenVPN server in Germany, directing the traffic to the RDP windows in proxmox,
not sure how to route all the traffic from proxmox windows machine to german Openvpn server

The main idea is to provide users access to a German website that is only available from within Germany. However, since we don't have any infrastructure in Germany, users need to connect to our OpenVPN server first and then be directed to our Proxmox with Windows virtual machine located in Hungary. The important requirement is that users should be able to access the virtual machine with a German IP address.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!