Problems with rysnc

Funeddy

Sep 7, 2022
Hi all and good day,

I have a question. I have proxmox version Virtual Environment 6.2-4. I want to backup a server that occupies a lot of space. rsync only runs with the standert options. rsync always backs up the server in the /tmp directory. there is not enough space on the root partition for this temporary file. see this error message....

INFO: starting first sync /proc/1891/root// to /tmp/vzdumptmp15940
INFO: rsync: write failed on "/tmp/vzdumptmp15940/mnt/data/2021/topics/01Sales/Customers/Toom/Toom Prospectus/Sicherungopie_von_BFS_2014.cdr": No space left on device (28)

is it possible to create a config file for rsync under proxmox. and if so, what must the config file be called and what is the content of the config file. i would like to create a config file for several servers that are to be backed up. is this easily possible ?

Or, can I also influence the backup paths of rsync ?

At the moment rsync tries to save in /tmp on the root partition, but there is not enough space.

Many thanks for the help, in advance.
Best regards
Funeddy

Hi,

Rsync has tons of options, and can run on any Linux(Proxmox also).

Yes, you can do what you want.
See man rsync, for all possible options.

Good luck / Bafta !

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!