Problems with interfaces config

Vinnie1889

Jul 11, 2024
Good day, I have had proxmox on one of my computers for six months now. I don't have much experience in proxmox yet, but I'm making good progress.

I have a problem with /etc/network/interfaces

I have 2nic ports on my lenovo p700 It seems like proxmox doesn't know where to go (nic)

I created a 2nd Linux bridge last week. That worked great with a second router on nic2

Now it no longer wants to work properly with this configuration. Including my Pihole & WireGuard.

I tried to reset it to default. But my proxmox still doesn't work properly.
I used the command (ifreload -a) after adjusting.

Does anyone know if I made a mistake in my command line?

Attachments

• IMG_2366.png
    IMG_2366.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi,

I used the command (ifconfig -a) after adjusting.
That command does not exist on Proxmox VE, so it cannot work obviously.

Maybe you meant the ifreload -a command? There is also the ifquery -a command to see the currently active configuration.
A reboot would also work, of course.

Reactions: Vinnie1889
Also, it seems like there are lines missing from your network configuration? You have a section with bridge-ports etc. that has no header (auto vmbr1 ...)

Hi,

That command does not exist on Proxmox VE, so it cannot work obviously.

Maybe you meant the ifreload -a command? There is also the ifquery -a command to see the currently active configuration.
A reboot would also work, of course.
Sorry, indeed. I used ifreload -a
I used to use windows also, so the command line in Linux is bit different.

But this is not the problem.

The new configuration doesn’t seem to do anything. It’s so strange… since I installed proxmox ve on my Lenovo p700 have I sort of network issues.

Example: if I reboot my proxmox, it’s seem not to know where the default nic is.

I have 2 network interfaces on my motherboard.

If I bootup the computer, the proxmox doesn’t seem to be alive. Can’t ping etc… I must turn it of by powerbutton. Then I bootup again, and the can I access the web interface.

I can’t really explain because I’m not very well in English.

Attachments

• IMG_2371.png
    IMG_2371.png
    250 KB · Views: 5
Problem solved!

For some reason was the WireGuard IP wrong in the modem settings.

I have now reserved the IP for WireGuard LXC

The missing command line was also the problem. Thanks for help with that.

Fixed IP forward for WireGuard
Fixed /etc/network/interface

Reactions: shanreich

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!