Problem with VLAN tags

asbat

May 27, 2022
There are seven servers in my data center. Each has eight network interfaces. Each physical pair of interfaces is bonded (OVS Bond) with Bond Mode - LACP (balance-slb). In turn, each bond is combined into a vmbr (OVS Bridge). Two different servers have one PfSense virtual router virtual machine, each of which has two vmbr - one for the administration network, the other for connecting users. In total, each PfSense has seven network interfaces, one of which is in vmbr0, and six in vmbr2 with different VLAN tags. Five of these network interfaces work fine, but the sixth doesn't want to. All seven servers are configured the same. I tried to migrate these virtual machines to other nodes - it did not help. Changed MAC addresses, IP, VLAN tags for non-working interfaces - without success. Only in one case did they work, when I placed both PfSense virtual machines on the same node - then everything worked. Please tell me what could be the problem

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!