PfSense VM: virtual Network to other VMS

pfz4

Feb 4, 2019
Hey,
I have a PfSense VM running. Can I connect my other vms through a virtual network with PfSense, so that the traffic from all vms runs throught PfSense.

Thanks.
Paul

Reactions: Walter Rebollo
As far as I am aware if you create another bridge but do not assign it an interface / IP address and then connect the VMs to that bridge and setup that bridge on the pfsense VM as well.

For my setup, I have pfsense running in a VM and have trunked 4-gigabit network ports together to a switch and then there are 3 other gigabit network parts dedicated to the VMs on that same host for them to access the PFSense VM and ultimately the internet. I did this as I have multiple nodes and allowed me to setup the same configuration on all nodes and adds the VMs to the network so other devices on the LAN can access them, in fairness I did not test using a private network for the VMs that was internal to a host and then using pfsense to manage traffic for the VMs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!