Persistent storage for docker VM/LXC?

HerzogVonWiesel

Nov 22, 2023
Hey everyone!

I'm still a bit new to this, and therefore sometimes a bit overwhelmed when it comes to one or the other topic, as a small disclaimer.
Since it has been pointed out that VMs rather than LXCs should be used for docker containers, I would like to run a CouchDB as a docker container: I have my docker VM for this. But the data of the DB should of course not be stored on the VM, but it would be nice to separate it, so that the VM is only responsible for all the Docker containers I have (and the allocated 32GB only for the containers themselves), but something like databases are outsourced to the main disk, somehow.

Could you perhaps help me with the best way to do this? Or is that not the smartest idea?

Proxmox runs on 2x2TB NVMe in ZFS-mirror (RAID1)

Thank you very much and best regards!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!