PCI Device with vlan and bridge

Hello

Today I have a Mellanox Virtual Function as a NIC via a PCI Device on one of my virtual machines.
But I wonder how I can choose what vlan to use? The physical card it self has a OpenVswitch bridge (vmbr0) with two vlan (1 and 51).
I don't see any option via the web-ui, do I need to use qm?

Not sure if I understand the complete situations
but if you passthrough a PCI virtual function to your guest - your guest has a NIC inside - you need to configure any VLAN you need in the guest on that NIC

I hope this helps!

It would be nice if it could be handled the vlan via KVM/qm
This is just not how this works - PCI-Passthrough means you do pass through a pci-device to your guest - which sees it as regular pci device

you can and should configure your switchports to only allow the relevant VLANs, and or install some device in front of the PVE node which handles the allowed vlans/mac-address

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!