[SOLVED] PBS as a Rsync Server

k3gar

Apr 19, 2021
Hello everyone.

I'm making a lab to understand more how to use Proxmox Backup Server. I have a Synology DS1019 and I was trying to backup this files in my PBS installation.

1618845678693.png

I only have those options so I was trying tp backup with rsync but I couldn't find how to set up PBS as a rsync server. Is there a way to do it or am I very wrong?

PBS is not based on rsync, it uses its own protocol for backups.
What would work: Mount the directories of your NAS on a linux server and use proxmox-backup-client on that linux server to backup the mounted nas shares

Hey,

no, you can't use rsync to backup to a PBS. If you wanna use PBS you have to use the proxmox-backup-client CLI tool or the integration into PVE. For more information about PBS, how to use it, what it can do and what it is for, consider taking a look at the docs[1].

[1] https://pbs.proxmox.com/docs

Reactions: k3gar
Thank you to solve that question!!! I thought it would be possible but now I know I have more options, thanks <3

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!