[SOLVED] Packet Loss from Outside Proxmox Host

fedeee

Jan 20, 2020
Hello!
I have this proxmox server wich have N containers.
When i ping containerX from my notebook (or anywhere else in network) i have 95% of packet loss.
When i ping containerX from Proxmox i have 0% packet loss.
When i ping containerX from containerY hosted in same proxmox server i have 0% packet loss.
When i ping containerY from my notebook (or anywhere else in network) i have 0%of packet loss.

I'm baffled about this scenario. We are all in same subnet.
ContainerX was migrated from Proxmox 4.x.
What could it be?
Proxmox 5.4
Container Centos 7

What i tried so far:
Created another interface from container configuration with different IP address: ping new ip - no changes.
Disabled ipv6.

Edit:
I've deleted the interface from proxmox container options.
Deleted configurations of eth0x on container.
Rebooted container without eth0x assigned.
Configured new interface.

So far is working ok.
What could be the root from this?

Last edited:
Hi,

I can only guess, but this sounds like a leftover in the network setting.
What was overwritten when all interfaces are gone.

Reactions: fedeee
Hello, Wolfgang!
Thanks for your reply.
I don'tknow what could've been overwritted when disabled every interface but in the meanwhile i've deleted every ifcfg-eth0x in network-scripts folder (centos 7) rebooted and asigned new iface on container options.
So far is working ok.

Thanks again!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!