openvz mount disk

spacefighter

Mar 24, 2011
Hi,
I am trying to set up a little media server for my music. I am having troubles figuring out how to mount a second disk to my container. I have tried doing a mount --bind setup but without the --bind and it works but I get problems permissions.
So is this the right way to set it up? It is an ntfs disk, a backup of my music. should it be a different file system?

Thanks

Thanks!
I didn’t get the part about mounting it first to the host then the container. Thought I could just mount it straight there.

I am assuming there is a startup file or something where I can put the commands for mounting my disk to the host so I don’t have to do it every restart. Could you point me in the right direction to where it is?

Thanks!
I didn’t get the part about mounting it first to the host then the container. Thought I could just mount it straight there.

I am assuming there is a startup file or something where I can put the commands for mounting my disk to the host so I don’t have to do it every restart. Could you point me in the right direction to where it is?
Hi,
/etc/vz/conf/VMID.mount

like this:
Code:
cat /etc/vz/conf/104.mount
#!/bin/bash
source /etc/vz/vz.conf
source ${VE_CONFFILE}
mount -n --bind /spool ${VE_ROOT}/spool
Udo

Thanks Udo

I think I got the .mount file part down now.

I still have to mount the disk to the proxmox host and then bind mount that to the container. Right?

Is there somewhere I could put the code to mount the disk to the host? So if I restart the physical box it will auto mount the disk?

you need to add your disk in /etc/fstab to get it mounted on host reboot.

Thanks Udo

I think I got the .mount file part down now.

I still have to mount the disk to the proxmox host and then bind mount that to the container. Right?

Is there somewhere I could put the code to mount the disk to the host? So if I restart the physical box it will auto mount the disk?
Hi,
like Tow wrote - /etc/fstab is the right place.
One annotation - you can use devicepath (/dev/sdb1) or UUIDs. Take the UUID to avoid trouble if the device-ordering change (like second internal disk and your external disk became sdc after reboot and so on).
You see the UUID with "blkid".

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!