[SOLVED] No status from LXC after a reboot.

woebenskie

Dec 27, 2020
Hi all,
Today I rebooted my proxmox host and next to all containers appeared a ?.
Also it gives me the error:
can't open '/sys/fs/cgroup/unified/lxc/102/memory.current' - No such file or directory (500) I get this on all LXC's
I checked that folder and indeed there is no such file/directory .
I had a look arround and found some other location which seems to have the right files: /sys/fs/cgroup/lxc/102/memory.current
I tried to copy and symlink the necessary files to /sys/fs/cgroup/unified/lxc/102/* but that is not permitted. (even as root)
Yesterday I made some changes to the host which to my knowledge could not have caused this. What I have preformed can be found here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/mullvad-vpn-daemon-issues.97555/page-2
Via the PCT command I see the containers are up and running but I don't get any result in the webui.
I make daily backups of all vm's and lxc's trough proxmox backup service, I restored one of containers to a few days ago successfully but that did not solve the issue.
The host is in a cluster with another host which is running fine no errors at the other host.
If there is need for any log's or something similar please let me know so I can provide them.
Thank you in advance.

1663938859283.png

Last edited:
I figured where the problem lies. i have not taken a good look at the mentioned tutorial. It literally states that this will happen.

I figured where the problem lies. i have not taken a good look at the mentioned tutorial. It literally states that this will happen.
Where can I find this "mentioned tutorial"? I have the same issue you had, but I don't find any working solution.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!