no space in my local-lvm proxmox... [HELP]

roycordero

Jun 25, 2022
hello, recently it is the 1st time that I install a proxmox server and I did not know the good thing about joining the local partition and local-lvm as a single partition to better use and avoid wasting empty space in the local partition for the isos, so now i have this problem

r/Proxmox - no space in local-lvm proxmox... [HELP]
r/Proxmox - no space in local-lvm proxmox... [HELP]
I thought to see how to try to join those 2 partitions or add a 1tb disk to help the local-lvm partition...any suggestion please?

can i add more space or another disk? for example i got a 250GBDISK (hdd) empty disk already mounted in my proxmox, and how coudl i do that?

Select your host in the left menu, select disks -> LVM or LVM-Thin then create Thinpool or create Volume Group

1665852530071.png

Reactions: roycordero
ok currently I have my proxmox like this;
there is a pool 'CT.Produccion' where I don't know what it is but apparently all my lxc's and vm's are there
wx3nCLm.jpeg

the disks appear under my lxc and vms and 'DISK1TB, DISK250GB' are usb 3.0 and empty with nothing pointing to them,
lUVJaNK.jpg
y8pjLrM.jpg

then 'DISK4TB' where are the files and all the folders that are synchronized with my NAS of the vm omv5
YLOb0Pd.jpg

then there is local (pve) where there is only the isos
hCdlv2f.jpg

which has 14gb 'lost' because they are blank and I wish I could use that 'lost' space

and finally I have local-lvm (pve) where I imagine that all the systems of the 3 lxc and 2 vm are and more data is added from each of the systems
T1t98hg.jpg

I would like to know if

1 could join the 2 'local (pve) and local-lvm (pve) partitions in one to be able to use that empty space of the local (pve)? or

2 configure the usb disk DISK250GB as part of the local-lvm (pve) to store the data of the lxc and vm's there at the same time to use it to store the backups of all my proxmox system?

yesterday the local disk-lvm (pve) reached 98% usage so I had to delete a whole lxc container with 10gb to free up some space :( today it is like this only with 16% of free space
WiiRleq.jpg
3WcSr5C.jpg

please help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!