No Network found

Lambert

Nov 23, 2018
Hi everybody
I try to install proxmox on my PC . i have installed on it a lot of flavor of Linux , of windows without any trouble.
Iwant to try VM Proxmox and i can't the install procedure stop with error message no network card found

Il is a very commun card a netlink BCM57780 GB PCI

Could you help me ?

Hi
Should I am obliged to use M$ HyperV ??? Or it will be possible to install Proxmox on a standard PC ?
regards

Looks like your NIC is not supported by our ISO installer. Google search tells, that the latest driver is already 6 years old, so probably this is quite old PC hardware?

Do you got a working network when you boot Ubuntu 18.04 Live?

Hi
I never use Ubuntu. I use since 20 years Suse, Opensuse ,
I have install to try and choise an VM , on this PC : Hyperv from M$ , Xen-ng , Xen server from citrix
The Pc is old but not too much it is a dell with CPU 8 cores Vostro
Intel core i7 860 @2.8 Ghz

Regards

Last edited:
You can also try opensuse, if network is working check the driver version in detail.

You can also try opensuse, if network is working check the driver version in detail.
what do you mean ? I am using opensuse right now ?

The drivers is tg3, but i don't know how to see the version

Last edited:
Check with:

> modinfo tg3

Great i look in lsmod et modprob !!! I did'nt know this
/lib/modules/4.12.14-lp150.12.16-default/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/tg3.ko
firmware: tigon/tg3_tso5.bin
firmware: tigon/tg3_tso.bin
firmware: tigon/tg3.bin
version: 3.137
license: GPL
description: Broadcom Tigon3 ethernet driver

The current 5.2 ISO installer got exactly the same driver version.?

the driver is integrated in the kernel from the ISO (I just checked this), so the question is, why it does not work for you.

Hi I have re burn a new CD and put verify option ..... and still got the problem

I will try with the 5.1 ISO
Best regards

Hi
just for fun i put and WIFI-USB key (TP-link) and the install procedure is OK
I will test and may be after installation the Network card will be seen by proxmox
I will tell you
Best regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!