NFS shares give me an error 500.

Aaron Smith

Mar 11, 2016
Utah
NFS shares give me an error 500 in the proxmox gui, blocking vm's that require it for boot to stop working. Sometimes when the Share is function and a boot of a vm is made the system eventually locks up.

What I have tried:

Configuring

cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg

nfs: hdd01
server 172.25.4.20
export /mnt/hdd01
path /mnt/pve/hdd01
maxfiles 1
options vers=3
content iso,images,rootdir,backup,vztmpl

and adding nolock

nfs: hdd01
server 172.25.4.20
export /mnt/hdd01
path /mnt/pve/hdd01
maxfiles 1
options vers=3,nolock
content iso,images,rootdir,backup,vztmpl

Going to the /mnt/pve/ section and finding the drives mounted and accessable.

My Setup:

3 Nodes -
2 Poweredge 2950 Gen 3 with 8 cores, 16gb Ram
2 Poweredge 2950 Gen 3 with 8 cores, 12gb Ram
1 FreeNAS-9.3 Supermicro 4U System 1x X8DTE-F

OS on VMS:
Ubuntu 14.10 - No known issues with functionality
Windows Server 2012 r2 - Will break onces I try to use the start menu, nfs shares get 500 error.

Thanks, in Advance.

500 is a webpage error. You only have 2 proxmox nodes? you need at least 3 to create a stable quorum. Check to make sure the 2 nodes have the same system time.

I have three nodes, I typically run into these issues if I am performing an operation to is utilizing the share, for example If I was running a backup or moving a disk.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!