New version - image file path

ivan.a

Nov 15, 2016
Hello,

First I want to thank for the great product Proxmox.

I recently updated proxmox to 4.3v and noticed that the path to image files changed.
I use automated backup for containers and VMs, but once it happened that I could not restore virtual machine (it throws an error at 100%), so after hours and hours I managed to manually extract and restore data.
It was main server and domain controller and there's very important data for more than 200 clients.
So I decided to also manually backup image file (also with automated backup). I setup cronjob to simply copy image file and config file to cloud server.
After new version of proxmox I could not find image path. Earlier it was:

/var/lib/vz/images/{ID}

On proxmox 4.3 this is just empty path. So my question is where is image files located?

Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!