New packages in pvetest, new GUI, new 4.4 Kernel!

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
We just uploaded a lot of packages for testing (pvetest repository), containing the brand new Sencha Ext JS 6 based web interfaces with modern style and new icons, latest 4.4 Linux Kernel - and as always a lot of bug fixes and small improvements on almost every place.

Screenshots
screen-node-summary.png screen-vm-hardware.png

A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions. For complete release notes see the change logs of each package.

Everybody is encouraged to test and give feedback!

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader

I created a cluster to test this new version. good job.
I have a new bug in the DNS. it never keeps DNS identifiers.
pve-ceph1_2016-04-15_15.53.51.png.jpg

pve-ceph1-2-2016-04-15_16.00.12.png.jpg pve-ceph1_2016-04-15_15.53.51.png.jpg

to understand you correctly,

you try to set the dns search domain, but it gets deleted after a little while?

The resolv.conf clears IDs after a few minutes.

root@pve-ceph3:/home/moula# cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 2a01:e00::1
nameserver 2a01:e00::2

root@pve-ceph3:/home/moula# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search tychecloud.lan
nameserver 192.168.1.1
nameserver 192.168.1.2

how does your network configuration look like?

also could you please make a new thread about this?

We just uploaded a lot of packages for testing (pvetest repository), containing the brand new Sencha Ext JS 6 based web interfaces with modern style and new icons, latest 4.4 Linux Kernel - and as always a lot of bug fixes and small improvements on almost every place.

Screenshots
View attachment 3687 View attachment 3688

A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions. For complete release notes see the change logs of each package.

Everybody is encouraged to test and give feedback!

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader
Very good!

One point which I see in a short time: With german languages the graph time selextion is still in english (Hour (avarage), Hour (max), and so on).

Udo

Is the NVMe-capable installer available for test as part of this?

thank you~

not yet, we still have a minor issue here which will be resolved next week.

Oh, congratulations for the great progress!!!

By other hand, it is much more attractive the light blue color of the old skin, in this new skin, his opaque colors cease of give it alive to the interfase.

Could they correct it?

Best regards

Please, make two corrections:

1) In the image of "CPU usage" provided by Martin, i see in the legend only 2 specs with his respective colors, but in the statistic image, i see the graphic with 3 colors, i believe that some thing is wrong.

2) About of the text below of the statistical picture, i don't know which verticals lines must correspond to each text.

I think that the below part of such lines must be in bold.
For me, from PVE 2.x, this fact was always a problem.

Anyway, congratulations for the excellent work.

Best regards

Last edited:
Hi,
when zooming in rrd graph (select array of graph with mouse), it's not possible to unzoom.
Maybe add a button somewhere to reset zoom could be great.

I don't have seen others bug currently, really nice rework !

Great news!

It's time to update your Roadmap as you implemented Kernel 4.4, Let´s Encrypt, Sencha Ext JS 6.x in PVE 4.1 :)

Hi,
when zooming in rrd graph (select array of graph with mouse), it's not possible to unzoom.
Maybe add a button somewhere to reset zoom could be great.

Use double click to unzoom. But a patch for the reset button is already under way, AFAIK.

1) In the image of "CPU usage" provided by Martin, i see in the legend only 2 specs with his respective colors, but in the statistic image, i see the graphic with 3 colors, i believe that some thing is wrong.

Where do you see three colors? The legend and the graph are in sync and show both two colors in the screenshot.

2) About of the text below of the statistical picture, i don't know which verticals lines must correspond to each text.

The middle of the text is the respective line.
You can also hover over the graph and see more exact info from a point of the data, see:
graph_scrot.png

Nice job! One small bug found so far in the bootorder of a new VM, the bootorder is by default "Disk, CD-ROM, Network", when you change this to only 2 devices (set the thirth to 'none') you get an error:

Code:
Parameter verification failed. (400)

boot: value does not match the regex pattern

Edit:

One more, but this one is a bit strange. I've created a backup job and sometimes I click 'Edit' (or double click on the row) the VM list of the 'Edit: Backup Job' is empty. When I close and re-open it's again there, when I do this a couple of times, again the list is empty. See attachments.

Attachments

• edit-backup-job-empty.png
    edit-backup-job-empty.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 33
  • edit-backup-job-filled.png
    edit-backup-job-filled.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!