New Import Wizard Available for Migrating VMware ESXi Based Virtual Machines

Clean install of the latest proxmox, configured network w/ home and storage network (used linux bridges); able to mount an nfs share via the storage network (which confirms i have the needed network access), added storage type of 'esxi' for my two esxi hosts running esxi 8u3, clicked on each of the esxi hosts and i can see the vms running there; used esxi to shutdown a small basic vm, went back to proxmox, did a shift-f5 to reload the page, clicked on the vm, clicked Import and I get:
```storage 'esxi-two' is not activated (500)```

the vm is running linux with docker and a single container; the storage is local storage on the esxi on an nvme; esxi hosts have a valid license; the vm has no snapshots

Last edited:
Clean install of the latest proxmox, configured network w/ home and storage network (used linux bridges); able to mount an nfs share via the storage network (which confirms i have the needed network access), added storage type of 'esxi' for my two esxi hosts running esxi 8u3, clicked on each of the esxi hosts and i can see the vms running there; used esxi to shutdown a small basic vm, went back to proxmox, did a shift-f5 to reload the page, clicked on the vm, clicked Import and I get:
```storage 'esxi-two' is not activated (500)```

the vm is running linux with docker and a single container; the storage is local storage on the esxi on an nvme; esxi hosts have a valid license; the vm has no snapshots
Is the ESXi enabled in the Storage tab under DataCenter?

Is the ESXi enabled in the Storage tab under DataCenter?
maybe this is useful?
Sep 27 14:23:31 pve-c esxi-folder-fuse[25953]: Error: error when getting file size: "ha-datacenter"/""/"/var/run/crx/infra/vCLS-5159a1a8-3af3-0000-0000-000000000000/vCLS-5159a1a8-3af3-0000-0000-000000000000.vmx"
file not found
Sep 27 14:23:31 pve-c systemd[1]: pve-esxi-fuse-esxi\x2done.scope: Deactivated successfully.

I saw 'ha' so I enabled ha in vcenter and tried again, still failed, i just disabled it again ... it wasn't running ha before

maybe this is useful?
Sep 27 14:23:31 pve-c esxi-folder-fuse[25953]: Error: error when getting file size: "ha-datacenter"/""/"/var/run/crx/infra/vCLS-5159a1a8-3af3-0000-0000-000000000000/vCLS-5159a1a8-3af3-0000-0000-000000000000.vmx"
file not found
Sep 27 14:23:31 pve-c systemd[1]: pve-esxi-fuse-esxi\x2done.scope: Deactivated successfully.

I saw 'ha' so I enabled ha in vcenter and tried again, still failed, i just disabled it again ... it wasn't running ha before
You should not touch the VCLS VMs.

If your vSphere cluster does not use DRS, simply have the VCLS VMs removed.
Navigate to the vCenter Server and then toConfiguretab.
Click onAdvanced settingsection and then onEdit settingsbutton.
Add a new entry with name = config.vcls.clusters.domain-c<number>.enabled and value = False.
You found the Domain Number in your Browser URL, when you select the Cluster.

You should not touch the VCLS VMs.

If your vSphere cluster does not use DRS, simply have the VCLS VMs removed.
Navigate to the vCenter Server and then toConfiguretab.
Click onAdvanced settingsection and then onEdit settingsbutton.
Add a new entry with name = config.vcls.clusters.domain-c<number>.enabled and value = False.
You found the Domain Number in your Browser URL, when you select the Cluster.
I do currently have DRS enabled, i'll try turning it off

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!