Netzwork / Wireless Internet / DHCP don't work

Well i fail here, i used the same subnet of the vmbr0 thats why it didnt work... ofc its can work if a subnet is already used but there is another problem to in ordner to use this vlan dhcp i needed to restart the hole system cause after refreshing the network everything dont work anymore, no internet<- So after setting it up and after proxmox refresh the network it didnt work so i have restart the system and then it did work why it is like that idk but if i change something i need to restart. Now it works Thanks!

i was hoping to use it on my main subnetwork but sadly that wont work. So i gona only use importen vm on my main subnetwork and set it up manuel and for others just that new vlan0 of the SDN /Vnets

Thanks o_O :):)

Last edited:
OMG adding source to interfaces config fixed my SDN issue after upgrade from ProxMox 7 to 8
Thank you I had spent two days on this issue until I found this fix. My error was:
Code:
WARN: missing 'source /etc/network/interfaces.d/sdn' directive for SDN support!

Now I know after upgrade of ProxMox 7 to ProxMox 8 make sure
source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*
Is in /etc/network/interfaces
Thanks again @shanreich for the fix you provided here!!! :)

Regards,
Al

Well i fail here, i used the same subnet of the vmbr0 thats why it didnt work... ofc its can work if a subnet is already used but there is another problem to in ordner to use this vlan dhcp i needed to restart the hole system cause after refreshing the network everything dont work anymore, no internet<- So after setting it up and after proxmox refresh the network it didnt work so i have restart the system and then it did work why it is like that idk but if i change something i need to restart. Now it works Thanks!

i was hoping to use it on my main subnetwork but sadly that wont work. So i gona only use importen vm on my main subnetwork and set it up manuel and for others just that new vlan0 of the SDN /Vnets

Thanks o_O :):)
Check your cidr used are they the same on both networks?

Check your cidr used are they the same on both networks?
I used the same sub ip adresse from my main server, thats what i wanted but i didnt work and that was the reason, so i take another sub ip like instand 192.169.0.0 i take 192.169.1.0 then it did work and also the netzwork between main server and VM's even they are not on the same ip range.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!